If you’re a budding entrepreneur living outside the U.S., you might get a “startup visa” under a law proposed by Senators Richard Lugar and John Kerry.

The start-up visa is only offered to those living abroad who can raise $100,000 from a “qualified” U.S. investor. That’s someone who has invested at least $50,000 three years in a row. Immigrants already living in the U.S. can also get a startup visa if they raise $20,000 and meet one of two conditions: 1) They have an employer-sponsored H-1B visa, or 2) They’re a recent graduate from a U.S. university in math or science and have an annual income of at least $60,000.

Read more.

Comments are closed.