Posted on September 28th, 2012 by Bob and Joy Schwabach
LD.org is all about “learning disabilities.” A recent National Center for Learning Disabilities report found that …
- 55% of Americans wrongly believe that wearing glasses can treat learning disabilities.
- 22% incorrectly believe learning disabilities can be caused by too much TV or video game time
- 31% believe it’s all caused by a poor diet. (Who knows? Maybe it is.)
- 24% believe the cause is childhood vaccinations.
- 33% feel it’s appropriate to ask a job candidate about learning disabilities. (However, it’s against the law.)
- 43% think people with learning disabilities have low IQs, though there seems to be no correlation there.